International competition in motocross was an extremely successful exercise for Talon this past weekend. What went on in the United States and France? Well, we’ll run through some of the most intriguing points.
- Another week brings another Talon victory in Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. However, this week there was more than one! Zach Osborne claimed victory in the 250MX division, just as he did last week, but Jason Anderson also won a moto in the 450MX class this time around. Through two rounds, Talon riders have won three of the eight motos that have been run across both classes.
- Jason Anderson, who has run Talon for a majority of his professional career, just missed out on the overall victory. Anderson did land on the podium in second though and was joined up there by Blake Baggett. Baggett is running Talon wheels for the first time this season, thanks to his partnership with Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM, and went 8-2 for third overall.
- Wait, there were even more Talon riders inside of the top five! Dean Wilson and Weston Peick finished fourth and fifth respectively in the 450MX overall classification. Four of the top-five finishers in the premier division put faith in Talon on what most would call the most demanding track in the world.
- Three more riders put Talon in the top twenty overall in 450MX. At Talon we thank Justin Barcia (13-10), Martin Davalos (16-9) and Dakota Alix (19-15) for doing that. With those finishes, Barcia and Davalos ensured that six of the top nine in the second 450MX moto used Talon!
- Congratulations to a rookie on the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team, Michael Mosiman, for acquiring a career-best finish in the 250MX class! Mosiman went 8-10 for eighth overall in that class.
- Meanwhile, at the Grand Prix of France, Arnaud Tonus put Talon inside of the top ten in MXGP with an 8-7 scorecard for eighth overall. Tonus now sits eleventh in the MXGP standings, following nine rounds.
- A tip of the hat to Todd Kellett, who runs Talon in the EMX250 division. Kellett recorded a fantastic fourth in the first moto and then made more than fifteen passes in the second moto to salvage a thirteenth, after a first-turn crash. Kellett finished seventh overall in EMX250.
- Finally, Talon had a fantastic weekend in the motherland. Lewis Tombs, Jake Millward and Liam Knight swept the overall in MX2. Martin Barr, Jake Shipton and Dan Thornhill did the same in MX1!
Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: Husqvarna Motorcycles