International competition in motocross was, once again, an extremely successful exercise for Talon this past weekend. What went on in the United States and the UK? Well, we’ll run through some of the most intriguing points.
- Another week, another Talon triumph! Blake Baggett backed up his maiden 450MX victory with yet another win. Baggett simply dominated the first moto at High Point, much to the delight of the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM team, and then recorded a second in moto two. Baggett also claimed the series lead and built an advantage of eight points.
- A familiar face stood alongside Baggett on the podium, as Jason Anderson (5-3) jumped into second overall with his Talon wheels. This was the third round in succession that two Talon riders have stood on the 450MX overall podium! Anderson now sits fourth in the series standings and twenty-six points down on Blake Baggett.
- Four more Talon riders joined Baggett and Anderson in the top sixteen in the 450MX class at High Point. Dean Wilson (9-7), Martin Davalos (13-10), Dakota Alix (15-13) and Weston Peick (8-38) added more points to their championship totals.
- The 250MX division was also an enjoyable exercise for Talon-supported riders. Zach Osborne bounced back from a disappointing third round to win the first moto and then finish second in the final encounter. That scorecard left him tied for the overall victory and helped him strengthen his series lead. Talon lead both classes currently!
- An Irish event, Desertmartin, was also kind to the Talon riders in attendance. The fifth round of the Maxxis British Championship was held at the spectacular venue that is taxing on both man and machine. Graeme Irwin conquered his home race with ease though, as he romped to a double moto victory and extended his championship lead to thirty-nine points.
- Brad Anderson (4-2) joined Graeme Irwin on the overall podium. Dan Thornhill (7-9) and James Harrison (10-8) also put their wheels in the top eight in the premier division! Congrats to our friends at Cab Screens Husqvarna on that effort.
- Martin Barr put Talon on top in the MX2 class at Desertmartin. Todd Kellett was also extremely impressive, as he acquired a brace of fourths for the same position in the overall classification and was the second Talon rider across the line.
- A final note on another victory. Lewis Hall took a dominant win in the MXY2 class, as he swept both motos and cut the deficit to the series leader down. Hall is now just thirteen measly points down in the points.
Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: KTM Images/Simon Cudby